POSITION: Junior Project Manager
DUTY STATION: Podgorica, with periodic visits to Cetinje
NAME OF THE PROJECT: REACH – Raising Environmental Awareness on Circular economy and natural Habitats of Cetinje and Lovcen
STARTING DATE: January – February 2021
DURATION: 12 months, renewable (with 3 months’ probationary period)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 31/01/2021
The candidate is expected to:
• In strict collaboration with the COSV Country Representative, ensure an efficient and effective overall management (technical, organizational, administrative) of the COSV action in Montenegro. In particular:
– with regard to the ongoing projects and actions;
– with regard to the COSV structure: coordination of the local office, planning and management of funds, internal periodic reports, management of human resources.
• Support the Senior Administrative & Liaison Officer in the implementation of the action “REACH”, from technical and financial aspects: the correct implementation of the project activities, relations with project partners, elaboration of the project reports budget revisions, procurement procedures, etc.
• Support the elaboration of internal and official documents and reports;
• Carry out monitoring activities with project target groups also through field visits;
• Support the realization of analysis, studies, reviews to support the development of the COSV strategy in the Country;
• Support the identification and the formulation of new project/action proposals;
• Build and maintain relevant relationships with the local authorities, local and international partners, potential donors and other relevant actors, and represent COSV position in meetings, events, roundtables, conferences.
• Ensure a proper coordination and information flow with COSV HQ and other COSV branches.
• At least 1 year of project management experience in International Development Cooperation and related fields;
• Good knowledge of the Project Cycle Management and the main development cooperation/project management tools;
• Substantial working experience in Montenegro, with a particular and solid understanding of its history, cultural, economic, institutional and political features;
• Proactive approach and capacity to work in a team, building fruitful relations with colleagues and partners;
• Strong leadership, dialogue, coordination, and teamwork skills.
• Languages: Fluency in English and Montenegrin.
• Previous experience in managing EU-funded projects and sound knowledge of procedures and funding programs;
• Knowledge and familiarity with other institutional and non-institutional donors (e.g. private bodies, foundations).
• Proven knowledge on the following topics: Social Inclusion, Social Economy, Environment & Tourism.
• Good knowledge of Italian could be an asset;
• Track record in developing profitable business relations in Montenegrin context;
To apply, please send your updated CV with at least 2 references (name/surname, position, contacts, e-mail address) and a motivation letter to the following email address: email@example.com
Please specify in the subject: Junior Project Manager_MNE
Application deadline: 31/01/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.