POSITION: Assistant Project Manager
COUNTRY: North Macedonia
DUTY STATION: Bitola, with periodic visits to Skopje and Prilep
NAME OF THE PROJECT: BAIR – Bitola’s joint Action for the Inclusion of Roma
STARTING DATE: January – February 2021
DURATION: 12 months, renewable (with 3 months’ probationary period)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 22/01/2021
The candidate is expected to:
• Support the Project Manager (PM) in the implementation of the action “BAIR – Bitola’s joint Action for the Inclusion of Roma”, from technical and financial aspects: the correct implementation of the project activities, relations with project partners, elaboration of the project reports budget revisions, procurement procedures, etc.
• Support the elaboration of internal and official documents and reports;
• Ensure a satisfactory collaboration and information flow with the PM and other staff members;
• Carry out monitoring activities with project target groups also through field visits;
• Support the realization of analysis, studies, reviews to support the development of the COSV strategy in the Country;
• Support the identification and the formulation of new project/action proposals;
• Ensure a proper coordination and information flow with COSV HQ and other COSV branches.
• At least 1 year of project management experience in International Development Cooperation and related fields;
• Good knowledge of the Project Cycle Management and the main development cooperation/project management tools;
• Substantial working experience in North Macedonia, with a particular and solid understanding of its history, cultural, economic, institutional and political features;
• Proactive approach and capacity to work in a team, building fruitful relations with colleagues and partners;
• Languages: Fluency in English and Macedonian.
• Previous experience in managing EU-funded projects and sound knowledge of procedures and funding programs;
• Previous working experience with minorities (Roma and Egyptian communities) and in Urban Regeneration projects.
• Knowledge and familiarity with other institutional and non-institutional donors (e.g. private bodies, foundations).
• Proven knowledge on the following topics: Social Inclusion, Social Economy, Environment & Tourism.
• Experience in processing and writing new project proposals;
• Good knowledge of Italian could be an asset.
To apply, please send your updated CV with at least 2 references (name/surname, position, contacts, e-mail address) and motivation letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify in the object: Assistant Project Manager NMK_SC
Application deadline: 22/01/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.