POSITION: Project Manager
COUNTRY: North Macedonia
DUTY STATION: Bitola, with periodic visits to Skopje and Prilep
NAME OF THE PROJECT: BAIR – Bitola’s joint Action for the Inclusion of Roma
STARTING DATE: as soon as possible
DURATION: 12 months, renewable (with 3 months’ probationary period)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 15/03/2021
The candidate is expected to:
• Support the WB Regional Coordinator in developing and implementing the COSV Programme in the Country.
• Coordinating the action “BAIR – Bitola’s joint Action for the Inclusion of Roma”, from technical and financial aspects: manage and supervise the correct implementation of the project activities, coordination of project staff, relations with project partners, verification of the project reports and fund requests, budget revisions, communication with the donor; procurement procedures, etc.
• In strict collaboration with the COSV Country Representative, ensure an efficient and effective overall management (technical, organizational, administrative) of the COSV action in North Macedonia. In particular:
– with regard to the ongoing projects and actions;
– with regard to the COSV structure: coordination of the local office, planning and management of funds, internal periodic reports, management of human resources.
• Build and maintain relevant relationships with the local authorities, local and international partners, potential donors and other relevant actors, and represent COSV position in meetings, events, roundtables, conferences.
• Develop a fruitful collaboration with governmental institutions, local authorities and other actors and partners that play a key-role in projects implementation with the specific purpose of setting the basis for new projects opportunities in the area.
• Support the identification and the formulation of new project/action proposals.
• Ensure a proper coordination and information flow with COSV HQ and other COSV branches.
• At least 3 years of management experience in International Development Cooperation and related fields;
• Substantial experience working in North Macedonia, with a particular and solid understanding of its history, cultural, economic, institutional and political features;
• Proactive aptitude in building and managing partnerships with different bodies and institutions (including profit organizations); strong experience in representing an organization with partners, government agencies, private sector organizations and donors;
• Languages: Fluency in English and Macedonian.
• Ability to process and writing new proposals with high quality standard;
• Administrative and report writing skills (financial and technical reporting);
• Strong leadership, dialogue, coordination and teamwork skills.
• Previous experience in managing EU-funded projects and sound knowledge of procedures and funding programs;
• Previous working experience with minorities (Roma and Egyptian communities) and in Urban Regeneration projects.
• Knowledge and familiarity with other institutional and non-institutional donors (e.g. private bodies, foundations).
• Proven knowledge on the following topics: Social Inclusion, Social Economy, Environment & Tourism.
• Fluency in Italian;
• Track record in developing profitable business relations in the North Macedonian context;
To apply, please send your updated CV with at least 2 references (name/surname, position, contacts, e-mail address) and motivation letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify in the object: Project Manager NMK_SC
Application deadline: 15/03/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
POSITION: Project Manager