POSITION: Project Manager
Line Manager: Programme Coordinator
Location: Beirut (Lebanon)
Period: 1 year extendable, full time position
Starting date: February 2021
Deadline for submission: 15/02/2021
Key functions of the profile sought:
The Project Manager will manage and coordinate a regional program to support community sustainable development. The Project Manager will be based in Beirut, Lebanon and will lead a team of both local and international staff, effectively liaising with local stakeholders and programme partners.
Regional strategy development and overall management:
• Manage a multi-partner project, ensuring the coherence between planned activities, programme strategy and coordination arrangements as outlined in the proposal documents.
• Provide regional oversight concerning the alignment between priorities and needs rising from the field teams, the partners, the beneficiaries and the donor.
• Elaborate systems for project planning, project implementation and monitoring in line with COSV strategy for the region and in coordination with COSV MENA M&E Framework.
• Supervise a team of consultants and permanent staff based in Lebanon.
Coordination of field activities, with partners and beneficiaries
• Coordinate the development and the timely preparation of work plans, reports and budgets for all program activities;
• Elaborate appropriate strategies to ensure efficient use of available resources, with knowledge of ongoing trends in the region.
Effective supervision, monitoring and evaluation
• Conduct timely monitoring of the program progress from a regional and country perspective, ensure on-going monitoring and monthly reviews of work plans;
• Oversee the implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities, following the provided guidelines and supporting the supervised staff when needed.
Communications and information flow
• Coordinate with and ensure linkages and synergies among COSV programs in the region;
• Draft reports and review official notes for internal use as well as to submit to the Donor;
• Demonstrates integrity by adhering to COSV values and ethical standards.
• Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of COSV.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Management and Leadership
• Focuses on impact and results.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communications skills.
• Builds strong relationships with COSV and Programme actors
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Senior manager with at least 4 years of work experience coordinating international, multi-country teams;
• Strategic capacity to analyze complex environments, assessing risks and needs from a variety of sources;
• High interpersonal skills with a strong attitude towards problem solving and team work;
• Previous experience in team management;
• Previous experience in project management and use of PCM tools
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
• Background knowledge of the regional context;
• Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
Education degree: Master’s Degree
Field of education: Development Studies, Humanitarian Affairs, Conflict Resolution, Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
To apply, please send your updated CV with references (name/surname, position, contacts, e-mail address) and a motivation letter to the following email address: email@example.com
Please specify in the subject: Project Manager_SC
Application deadline: 15/02/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.