POSITION: M&E Officer MENA
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Line Manager: M&E Coordinator (COSV)
Starting date: 20/02/2021
Deadline for submission: 05/02/2021
Key functions of the profile sought
Under the overall guidance of the General Director and direct supervision of the M&E General Coordinator, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the projects implemented in the MENA Region maintain the organizational strategic vision, as well as that their activities result in the achievement of the intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
Monitoring and evaluation procedures
• In coordination with Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator and Country Level Project Officer; the M&E Officer will implement the selected M&E methodologies by collecting and sharing as per Log-frame the predefined activity-specific Means of Verifications
• He/She will ensure the systematic timeliness of the data collection as per internal Action plans
• He/She will draft reports and evaluative analyses related to the implementation of the different project activities and support smooth and timing implementation of the above-mentioned activities
• He/She will catalogue,disaggregate and archive the collected data so to respond to the internal monitoring system tasks and forecast outputs
Communication and information flows
• He/She will coordinate with and ensure linkages and synergies among COSV programs in the region
• He/She will manage and supervise the deployed Field Officers, assigning monthly tasks and supporting them remotely
• He/She will work in close collaboration with internal project counterparts to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field
• He/She will co-operate with the Project Managers and Programme Coordinators based in the Region, ensuring that data are collected as per plan
• He/She will provide technical support on monitoring the ongoing activities to the staff and partners on the ground;
• He/She will ensure that all documentation is in place, filed up as hardcopies and digitalized.
• Bachelor’s university degree preferably in Development Studies, Humanitarian Affairs, Conflict Resolution, Political or Social Science, International Relations, Psychology or a related field from an accredited academic institution
• Full proficiency in English is a must, fluency in Arabic will be considered as an asset
• At least 2 years of work experience in a similar position
• Previous experience to manage remotely activities and monitoring tasks is desirable
• Previous work experience in conflict-affected countries an asset
• Strategic capacity to analyze complex environments, assessing risks and needs from a variety of sources
• Proved Experience on M&E, assessment and data collection
• Proficiency in IT; good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs, particularly MS Word and MS Excel
To apply, please send your updated CV with references (name/surname, position, contacts, e-mail address) and a motivation letter to the following email address: email@example.com
Please specify in the subject: M&E Officer MENA_SC
Application deadline: 05/02/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
POSITION: M&E Officer MENA