POSITION: Project Manager (PM) – Toka Jone Project
DUTY STATION: This position will be based in Tirana and Durres with frequent trips to the country.
STARTING DATE: September 2023
DURATION: The PM will be contracted for a 3-month probation period, which, upon satisfactory performance, could be extended for 12 months.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 31/08/2023
Toka Jone, an EU funded under Instrument Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA II) of the EU Budget (EuropeAid/171607/DD/ACT/AL). TOKA JONE is expected to Support Social Entrepreneurship through the re-use of confiscated lands and the promotion of social agriculture. The Project is implemented by a consortium led by Coordinamento delle Organizzazioni per il Servizio Volontario (COSV), Albanian Network for Rural development (ANRD) and Consorzio Nazionale della Cooperazione di solidarietà sociale Gino Matterelli (CGM) – with its affiliated entity Consorzio La Rada (CLR), in collaboration with the Agency for the Administration of the Seized and Confiscated Assets (AAPSK) with the direct and intense support of the 2 Municipalities of Durres and Tirana.
TOKA JONË project aims to strengthen social enterprises in managing the confiscated assets from organized crime in Albania based on social agriculture models. This will be a way to contribute to the effective and sustainable re-use of confiscated assets in Albania from organized crime for social purposes. In this frame, will be selected and supported, through a sub-granting scheme, three social agriculture initiatives that will benefit from financial and technical assistance to consolidate the economic activities. The involvement in social agriculture entrepreneurship activities and programs will provide new and innovative economic opportunities for other youth, particularly those from poor households and rural areas, as well as rural women.
COSV is looking for a Project Manager (PM) to support the administrative and programmatic management of Toka Jone project in Albania. We are looking for an exceptionally motivated, knowledgeable, reliable, flexible and driven individual who is able to work independently.
This position will be based in Tirana and Durres with frequent trips to the country.
The PM will be contracted for a 3-month probation period, which, upon satisfactory performance, could be extended for 12 months.
Under the supervision of COSV’s Country Coordinator, WB Regional Coordinator and HQ Senior staff, the Project Manager will be responsible for providing managerial leadership to the project, manage and support the day-to-day activities and resources of the project, with special emphasis on coordination and networking, management, and mobilization of resources. The Project Manager will undertake his/her duties in close consultation with the project partners, public entities and other relevant stakeholders and will liaise on a regular basis with the Contracting Authority for technical guidance.
The Project Manager will work in close collaboration with the operations team (project staff) and will be responsible for drafting terms of reference for the consultancies and/or services as described in the Project Document, preparing narrative and financial reports, generating innovative ideas to assist with the development of the concept of the sub-granting scheme and facilitating the implementation of project activities. The Project Manager will manage the Project and be responsible for ensuring the delivery of project outputs in terms of quantity, quality and within the timeframe and budget contracted.
Specific responsibilities will include
• Supervise and coordinate the production of project outputs to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost as outlined in the project document;
• Managing the project’s financial resources;
• Supervise, guide and coordinate the work of the Project staff, consultants, partner’s staff engaged and ensuring the quality of their deliverables;
• Providing planning direction and input to the Project Steering Committee;
• In close liaison with the Country Coordinator, prepare and revise project work and financial plans;
• Oversee and ensure timely submission of the narrative and financial reports as foreseen by the project document, and other reports as may be required by Contracting Authority, COSV or other oversight agencies;
• Together with the Country Coordinator, monitor trends and new developments with respect to explore funding opportunities, and prepare proposals for accessing such financing when applicable;
• Perform other duties that may be required by COSV Senior Management.
Qualifications and skills
• Master’s degree in management, agriculture, economics/business, public or business management, or other relevant fields
• At least five years of experience administering national and/or international funded development projects, preferably projects funded by the EUD.
• Good knowledge of EU funding regulations
• Substantial experience in costing and budgeting as well as financial management for development projects
• Experience writing operational reports
• Experience working on development projects in the areas of managing confiscated assets, social agriculture, social entrepreneurship, etc.
• Experience liaising with Non-EU Government agencies and state-owned enterprises an advantage
• Experience with M&E is an advantage.
• experience working with subgranting schemes, monitoring of grant contracts, procurement, etc
• Conflict management and negotiation skills.
Full working knowledge of English and Albanian is essential. Knowledge of Italian is an asset
We offer an interesting and rewarding working environment with a proactive, dynamic and international team spirit. The work is both routine and varied and offers scope for initiative and innovation.
Please send your written application (CV, letter of motivation, reference letters and contact details of three professional references; all documents merged in a single PDF file), at your earliest convenience, but no later than 30 August 2023 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about this position, please contact email@example.com
Please specify in the object: PM Toka Jone
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. COSV reserve the right to close this vacancy before the deadline mentioned above in case of a high volume of suitable applications.